This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart.
– The Sorting Hat
The Gryffindor House is the Hogwarts House that is heavily prided for their unyielding bravery, loyalty to their loved ones, and their strong courage in trying times. Some of the most well known wizards & witches in the Gryffindor house are Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Ginny Weasley.
If you yourself just happen to be in Gryffindor, here are some books for Gryffindors that you’ll love. The characters and the story lines all match with the traits of the Gryffindor house, and you may just see a bit of yourself within the books characters.
Books for Gryffindors
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Reflection: a Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell
- The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- The Sisters Grimm Book 1 by Michael Buckley
- The Alchemist by Paula Coelho
- The Hobbit Illustrated Edition by J.R.R. Tolkien