As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure policy.
With summer around the corner, you’re likely looking for some excellent books to occupy your middle schooler. Summer reading can seem like a chore for some kids, but if you equip them with the right books that fit their interests, you’d be amazed by how often children love reading that way. In this summer reading list for middle school, I’ve compiled awesome books for your young readers to try out.
These books will show kids that reading isn’t that bad and that it can actually be fun if they have an open mind!
Summer Reading List Middle School 2023
I’ve also made sure to find a handful of books that will be great for children who don’t like to read at all. These books are also good for kids who prefer video games or watching tv over reading.
Middle School Books for Girls
- Hannah Saves the World by A.M. Luzzader
- Alone by Megan E. Freeman
- Pippa Park Raises Her Game by Erin Yun
- Hook’s Daughter by R.V. Bowman
- Dork Diaries 1 by Rachel Renée Russell
Middle School Books for Boys
- Spy School by Stuart Gibbs
- Mystery In Rocky Mountain National Park by Aaron Johnson
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Books for Middle Schoolers Who Don’t Like to Read
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Great Battles for Boys: World War I by Joe Giorello
- How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O’Connor
- The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley
- Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke
Any of these stories will be a fun way to kick off your middle schoolers’ summer reading! I’d recommend picking these books up at the local library and making it a memorable trip together. These books are also perfect to bring for a family outing to the beach.
Hannah | Reading Obsessed