As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure policy.
Peter Pan is one of those fairytales you hear as a child and never forget. With all the whimsical characters and imagining a land far away from the troubles of life and adult responsibilities, it’s a form of escapism for some. If you love this fairytale, you’ll devour these exciting peter pan retellings!
Peter Pan Retellings for Adults
Yes, some of these books focus on the implied romance between Wendy Darling and Peter. However, others pinpoint the backstory of exciting characters like Hook. Every aspect of Neverland is explored in these retellings, and you’ll likely begin to see some of the beloved characters in an entirely new light.
I’ve included light-hearted and darker retellings for this reading list for you.
Dark Peter Pan Retellings
- The Never King by Nikki St. Crowe
- Wendy Darling by Colleen Oakes
- Hooked by Emily McIntire
- Wendy, Darling by A. C. Wise
YA Fantasy Peter Pan Retellings
- Never Ever by Sara Saedi
- Straight On Till Morning by Liz Braswell
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
Captain Hook Retellings
- Far From Neverland by Rylee Hale
- Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry
- Hook’s Tale by John Leonard Pielmeier
- Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
Besides the fairytale, these books are reminiscent of the Peter Pan storyline in Once Upon a Time. I plan to read Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I’ve also read Hooked by Emily McIntire and enjoyed it!
Hannah | Reading Obsessed