Books About Anxiety for Kids
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure policy.
I tended to worry about the most random things when I was a child. Sometimes the worrying would become so intense that I would physically feel sick. A bit later, I learned that I was experiencing anxiety symptoms. Knowing that about myself helped me communicate more effectively with my parents about it and what to do when I was in situations that tended to flare up anxiety in me.
If your child is anxious or unusually worried about random things, these books about anxiety for kids will be an excellent way to express their feelings and learn the best way to manage them.
This reading list has picture books that can also be an effective tool to open up dialogue, for your child to verbalize to you precisely what they are feeling and the situations that tend to cause anxiety in them.
Kids’ Picture Books About Anxiety
- I Have Squirrels in My Belly by Trish Hammond
- But What If? by Sue Graves
- Wilma Jean the Worry Machine by Julia Cook
- Worries Are Not Forever by Elizabeth Verdick
Encouraging Books About Anxiety for Kids
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much by Dawn Huebner
- Scaredies Away! by Stacy Fiorile & Barry McDonagh
- Please Explain Anxiety to Me! by Laurie E. & Jordan Zelinger
- Breathe and Be by Kate Coombs
Relatable Books About Anxiety for Kids
- I Am Stronger Than Anxiety by Elizabeth Cole
- Nervous Ninja by Mary Nhin
- Ruby Finds a Worry by Tom Percival
- Don’t Feed The WorryBug by Andi Green
I hope these kids’ books can encourage your children to talk more openly about feelings of worry, doubt, and fear! Any of the books on this reading list will gently prompt your children to become curious about challenging anxiety head-on and not let it ruin their days.
Hannah | Reading Obsessed